Scriptural Rosary Store - Amazon.com

Friday, December 18, 2009

Okay... Here is the story.

To start, I received a donation of $10.00 on 12/15/09 to help homeless veterans.

Then, on 12/17/09 I received another $10.00 donation from this same family. After one week, these two donations were the only ones received.

Then again today I received the following email:

"Dear Bill,

I have been saving for something I want but I'd rather do without and help out homeless vets. I'm sending you the rest of the $200.

God Bless ...

Richard"


This was followed shortly by a $180.00 donation from Richard and his family.

I was so touched that I asked Richard if I could share his generosity on the blog. This is the response I received:

"Sure you can share my story. Maybe it will inspire others to donate as well. My wife and I live on Social Security. I try and save a few dollars each month from my small allowance.

Bless you for all you do.

Richard"


Bless me for all I do? With Richard and his wife on Social Security I am truly humbled by all they do!

Thank you Richard and family for your very generous gift. May God Bless you and your wife for your sacrificial giving. You both are a wonderful inspiration and I am having difficulty finding the words to express my gratitude.

Bill

No comments: