Scriptural Rosary Store - Amazon.com

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Mysteries of the Holy Rosary

Contemplation on the Mysteries of the Holy Rosary is the part that I found hardest while I grew up. Indeed, this is probably the main reason I did not pray this holy prayer very often.

The image on the left is one of my favorites. It reminds me of the 5th Mystery in the Luminous Mysteries or Mysteries of Light.

The original rosary consisted of 15 mysteries contemplating the life, death and resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Some people do not recognize at first, that the life of Jesus is what the Holy Rosary is all about. When prayed properly and often, it becomes very evident that the Most Holy Rosary of Our Blessed Mother is indeed, centered around the Life of Jesus and His mother.

I like to think of it as a walk with His mother as she shares with us the story of her Son's life.

My favorite way to pray this prayer is called a Scriptural Rosary. I invite you now to take a tour of the site that I have published in an effort to help more people to experience the joy and power of this Holy Prayer.

No comments: